Kansas City, Missouri
3K views 48 comments

Unless you want to deal with the most frustration you've ever had in your life...NEVER EVER sign up for the ADP Flexible Spending Program.

This is a benefit plan often offered to employees by their employers. It provides automatic tax deferred deductions to be taken out of your pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses. ADP is extremely strict about members providing the (* REQUIRED) itemized receipts to substanaciate every penny you've spend (of your own money). That's not the problem-the problem is the methods in which your supposed to provide this information.

They want to receive this documentation by fax. But mysteriously, they never receive them. I sent them my 'substanciation forms and receipts' over 6 different times. Never received.

I'd call after I faxed and they won't confirm whether or not they were received. I had $2,000. deducted from my pay in 2007 and had $1,969 worth of medical expenses that they currently denying. They tell me that I actually owe (ADP) reimbursement for $1,969.

because they already paid the claims. Regardless that it's MY money. They blame it on the rules of the IRS. Never taking responsibility of their own administrative incompentency.

I've mailed them the required forms and copies of all my faxed transmission confirmations and they still refuse to confirm they received them. I mailed them Certified-Priority Mail. I'm blown away on how this huge company is getting away with ripping off employees for their hard earned wages. And how many corporations use them.

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Review about: Flexible Health Care Spending Account.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $4500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Adp?

Comments

ADPyouarefired
Fayetteville, Georgia, United States #971503

I signed up for this service thinking that it would make my life more convenient, but it has not. Unless you plan on spending big money each year for medical services, do not under any circumstance use this service.

vonbonvintage

Update: SO after being hung up twice, I was finally able to speak to someone about this account.From what I was told that YES the platform was successfully changed HOWEVER they refused to give me any information on the account because although my name is on the account and I have spoken to them in the past I am not the account holder (mind you 5yrs with this same company) I have previously filled out a HIPA document before.

Which by the way I had previously filled out.. regardless they refused to answer any questions even though I had every single bit of information including SS# Birthday Flex ID# Employee# address and everything else in between.

Come to find out that there is a entirely different website, new cards will be issued and new claims form which NONE OF THIS INFORMATION was ever given to us!then to find out that our account which was reopened on July 4th 2014 was closed on Dec 28th 2014 and that the money sitting in there was forfeited!!

vonbonvintage

I have never had so many issues with this company, I am one pissed off customer!I was never informed that I was not going to be able to use my flex spending account and on New Years Eve I went to the doctor and my card was declined, I knew how much money I had in the account so I called and was told per Yonni that they were under going some kind of platform change with their servers (It does not take 2 weeks) and that I would not be able to use my card until Jan 14th 2015.

I explained my situation, I am ill and I was relying on this account to be used to pay for my medical and my medications. I was told that I would be receiving a phone call and to be patient because it was New Years Eve and that he would call back or email me. I had to pick up $140 in medication that I needed and so I had to borrow to pick up. I called the following week since I received no call back and no email and spoke to Lily who told me there was nothing I could do until January 14th 2015 .

So today is January 14th 2015 and I went to try and use my card and it was declined and the screen literally said use another form of payment. I went home to log into the website and all the claim reimbursement links are gone, the update information is wrong.. I tried calling and I was hung up on!. I have doctors appointments set up all next week in which I was hoping to use my flex spending account (which is why my husband and I were signed up for) but I am unable to.

I have no idea what...

Jay
Newnan, Georgia, United States #918886

I have had a FLEX account for many years and never experienced any reimbursement problem with all of the companies except ADP.ADP starts to administer my FLEX Account in 2014 and is a terrible company to deal with.

First of all, they do not answer a call during the weekend. when I made a call, it took a long time to get a representative. They do not know what they were doing and simply read the lines of pre-prepared reasons and could not explain why. I spent more than 3 hours and spoke to 4 representatives, 2 in India and 2 in USA for my first experience with ADP.

I submitted a receipt from Walmart for reimbursing the Dr. Shoes inserts. APD rejected my claim and asked me to have Dr's prescription. ADP online store lists this item that does not require a medical necessity letter.

When i asked for the reason why i need to submit the extra document, they told me if i purchase the DS insert from their store, there is no need of such a letter. That is a total BS!!!

After i spoke to the fourth person, he agreed with me that there should be no need of any medical necessity letter for the DS inserts and will reimburse my claim. After more than a week, nothing has happened yet after online check today. i am not sure if they will reimburse me for the DS inserts.

I am very disappointed with ADP.

I wound never use ADP or products again if i had a choice.I have never had such bad experience with any services companies.

User Account AZThr333
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #902537

ADP does not want anything to do with me other than my a part of my pay check every week.

Cancel tomorrow. Thank You for nothing ADP.

Meeeee
Mobile, Alabama, United States #837020

I totally agree with you about problems with adminstrators of FSA.They act like the Gestapo and threaten u at very turn.

I will never use it again due to over reaching demands of 100% auditing rate with over zealous idiots working in their depts. it is up to the consumer, not the *** admin, to know what the rules r. I feel like we r treated like little kids needing to be told where and how to go the bathroom. I HATE this.

I used to use them religiously bec they were easy and I kept all receipts but now standard receipts from offices won't fly and u end up wasting untold time and energy trying to get them the RIGHT reveipt.

Never again!Now worth the frustration

HK

FSAs are all like this.I wonder if there's any way we can sue them.

We are customers.It their job to contact medical provider to find receipt and proof.

to HK #1059939

Well, you can write Congress after all, they are the author of an FSA.And just to let you know, requiring a RX for over the counter drugs to be eligible, you can thank the Affordable Care Act.

If you read the IRS codes governing the FSA's, you will find you are the one to justify the expense, not the admin. They are required to confirm.

Oh, yes and that non taxable income, reduced to $2500.00 when it used to be how much your employer wanted to risk. Their risk factor was limited by their imagination alone prior to the above mentioned act. Yes, when an employer offers an FSA, they too risk forfeiture.

They fund the plans from day 1 of benefit regardless if you contribute $.01.

and if you spend $2500.00 it was your benefit; company loss, they cannot legally come after you.

FYI, you are not a customer to ANY FSA admin.You are a Participant in a Spending Arrangement.

to Anonymous #1059940

I did not realize this page was specifically about ADP FSA plans. I was thinking I was posting in regards to FSA's in general.

JC

I have had numerous issues with ADP.I currently have lost over $500 from last year's Flex account as a result of ADP not notifying me properly on decisions they made numerous times on the same issue.

The procedure was completed in the time period required by our agreement and they did not want to pay. I am sickened by their incompetence and intend to follow this through even if it means going to court. I have been in a Flex Spending account for a number of years with other companies I worked with without issues. This will be my last year I participate if the company I work for stays with ADP.

As a side note I am not the only one in the company having issue.